The County Clerk’s office can be reach by calling 715-258-6200.
Or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective 3/16/2020, we are temporarily suspending our Tuesday night later hours until further notice.
We are accepting passport applications during regular office hours. The Passport Agency has given a timeframe of 10-12 weeks for processing (but allow for up to 18 weeks with mailing time), and has reinstated expedited services. Please maintain social distancing if we have several customers.
Marriage license applicants are encouraged to call ahead and make an appointment so we are able to provide social distancing and sanitize between appointments.
The County Clerk is an elected County Constitutional Officer, authorized by Wisconsin Statute 59.23. Among the department's many duties are:
serves as manager and administrator for County records
- issues marriage licenses and cutting permits
- passport acceptance agent
- posts agendas and meeting notices
- prepares and distributes annual Directory of Public Officials
performs other duties as directed by State Statutes and as assigned by the County Board
General Information on Other Offices
- To pay fees, fines or tickets, or to ask questions about court dates, jury duty, or divorce papers, contact the Clerk of Courts at 715-258-6460
- For a birth, marriage, or death certificate, contact the Register of Deeds Office at 715-258-6250
- To purchase a plat book, contact the UW Extension Office at 715-258-6230
- If you have questions about or need to pay your property taxes, contact the County Treasurer's Office at 715-258-6220