Skip the Trip!
Call Waupaca County first or visit www.co.waupaca.wi.us to see
if you can do business remotely.
Thanks to your patience and support, the County Clerk's Office has maintained operations throughout the ongoing 2020 COVID-19 pandemic. As we begin to experience more in-person traffic at the courthouse, we continue to seek your support and cooperation. The health and safety of our community is a top priority. We all share responsibility for sustaining/improving the health of our community by adhering to the guidance of the Public Health authorities. With that in mind, phone and e-mail is an appropriate method of handling many forms of county business. Consider contacting the county before you visit in-person to see if you can skip the trip to the courthouse. Together we can continue to provide the services you depend upon while moving forward in a safe and resilient way. The County Clerk’s office can be reach by calling 715-258-6200 or by email at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For the most up-to-date and reliable information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and the local public health response, click here LINK.
Effective 3/16/2020, we are temporarily suspending our Tuesday night later hours until further notice.
We are accepting passport applications during regular office hours. As of 9/28/2020, the Passport Agency has given a timeframe of 10-12 weeks for processing, and has reinstated expedited services. Please maintain social distancing if we have several customers.
Marriage license applicants are encouraged to call ahead and make an appointment so we are able to provide social distancing and sanitize between appointments.
The County Clerk is an elected County Consitutional Officer, authorized by Wisconsin Statute 59.23. Among the department's many duties are:
serves as manager and administrator for County records
- issues marriage licenses and cutting permits
- passport acceptance agent
- posts agendas and meeting notices
- prepares and distributes annual Directory of Public Officials
performs other duties as directed by State Statutes and as assigned by the County Board
General Information on Other Offices
- To pay fees, fines or tickets, or to ask questions about court dates, jury duty, or divorce papers, contact the Clerk of Courts at 715-258-6460
- For a birth, marriage, or death certificate, contact the Register of Deeds Office at 715-258-6250
- To purchase a plat book, contact the UW Extension Office at 715-258-6230
- If you have questions about or need to pay your property taxes, contact the County Treasurer's Office at 715-258-6220
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Tuesday
*Please note we are NOT the Clerk of Courts Office. Clerk of Court hours can be found by clicking here.
Chief Deputy County Clerk
Deputy County Clerk
LL42, LL43 & 1068 Room Reservation **Employees Only