Marriage License Application Information
Effective 03/16/2020 the County Clerk's office has suspended late Tuesday evening hours until further notice. Marriage License applicants are encouraged to make an appointment for license applications so that we are able to provide social distancing and sanitize between appointments. Please call 715-258-6200 to make an appointment. Office hours are Monday - Friday 7:30 am until 4:00 pm.
- Wisconsin residents must apply in the county which at least one party has resided for the last 30 days - the license will be valid anywhere in Wisconsin
- If neither applicant is a Wisconsin resident, apply in the Wisconsin county where the marriage will be performed
- Marriage licenses are applied for between 6 and 30 days prior to the date of marriage - Wedding date needs to be scheduled before coming in to apply
- Both applicants must be present and have all required documents (see detailed brochure below) with them before the County Clerk's Office will start the application process for a marriage license
- Appointments are appreciated - County Clerk's Office hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to closing
- Fee of $100.00 (effective 1/1/2021) is due at the time of application - cash or check only (no debit or credit cards) and is non-refundable
Marriage License Brochure
If you were married in Wisconsin, certified copies of marriage licenses can be obtained from any Register of Deeds office in the state.