REAL ESTATE TAX PAYMENTS
With COVID-19 we strongly encourage mailing payments, or use of the drop box located to the left of entrance doors to the courthouse. If you request a receipt, you must include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Online payments also available (Additional fees apply)
As a proactive and responsible measure to COVID-19, the Treasurer’s Office is encouraging the community to practice the social distancing guidelines as recommended by the Waupaca County Health Department, Waupaca County Emergency Management Department, Wisconsin Department of Health Services and the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We urge citizens to postpone in-person visits to the courthouse until further notice. For any business with the county, please phone ahead as many inquiries can be resolved via phone and e-mail.
Additionally, you may experience some delays in communication from our office as we work to ensure and adapt staffing to meet the functional needs of our office. We appreciate your patience and support during this time.
This situation is dynamic and rapidly evolving. For the most up to date and reliable information regarding COVID-19 in Waupaca County, please visit
Waupaca County Treasurer’s Office
Phone # 715-258-6220
The County Treasurer is responsible for receiving and banking all county revenue. The Treasurer reports monthly to the Finance Committee concerning investments, available funds and delinquent tax status. The Treasurer collects real estate taxes and reconciles with local municipalities.
WAUPACA COUNTY ONLY COLLECT 1ST INSTALLMENT PAYMENT FOR: TOWN OF BEAR CREEK, DAYTON, FARMINGTON, IOLA,MATTESON,SCANDINAVIA,UNION WAUPACA,WEAYWAUWEGA & WYOMING. VILLAGE OF IOLA AND SCANDINAVIA AND CITY OF WAUPACA AND WEYAUWEGA.
1. By Wisconsin State Law, MISSING THE JULY 31st DEADLINE FOR FULL PAYMENT OF THE SECOND INSTALLMENT MEANS THAT YOU WILL BE ASSESSED 1.5% INTEREST AND PENALTY PER MONTH RETROACTIVE TO FEBRUARY 1st (10.5% if paid late).
2. If you cannot pay the full balance owed, payments are strongly encouraged. Please contact us with questions or concerns regarding payment arrangements.
3. PLEASE NOTE-If you choose to use your bank’s BILL PAY option, be aware that these checks are typically mailed from out of state by third party processors without a postmark on them. Your confirmation information from your bank is not an acceptable proof of a timely payment. We must have an envelope with a postmark or a letter from the post office to prove the payment was mailed by July 31st and a postal delay is responsible for the lateness of your payment per State Statute 74.69.
4. Always include your tax parcel number OR reminder card with your payment to ensure that it is applied correctly.
5. Mailed payments should include a self addressed stamped envelope for return receipt.
6. RECEIPT can be found at www.waupacacounty-wi.gov. go to Treasurer Dept, Tax bills/tax receipt. Or sending a SASE to the County Treasurer.
1. You may pay either in person or via mail at our office location at:
811 Harding Street, Waupaca Wisconsin 54981
Open 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday thru Friday
Please include your tax parcel number with your payment, and a self- addressed
stamped envelope for return of your receipt if paying by mail.
2. You may pay in person at all Bank First locations in Waupaca County,
during regular banking hours. The banks only accept payment between
June 17th - July 30, NOT during the grace period.
3. You may also pay your taxes by Credit Card, Debit Card or E-Check online for An additional service fees.
|PAYMENT TYPE FEE PER TRANSACTION|
|Electronic Check $1.50|
|Visa Debit Card $3.95|
|MasterCard Debit Card 2.35%|
|Discover Credit Card 2.35%|
|Visa Credit Card 2.35%|
|MasterCard Credit Card 2.35%|
**LIMIT PER CREDIT CARD $5000.00
• E -CHECK IS $5,000.00
* LIMIT PER DEBIT CARD IS $500.00