Dementia Care Specialist (DCS)
The mission of the Dementia Care Specialist Program is to support people with dementia and their caregivers in order to ensure the highest quality of life possible while living at home. In order to accomplish this mission, the DCS has three main goals:
- Ensure ADRC staff and volunteers are trained and competent about dementia so customers are met with understanding and support
- Provide education and support to family members and friends who are caregivers
- Help develop Dementia-Friendly Communities where people with dementia can remain active and safe, and caregivers can feel supported
This is done through phone calls, office visits, and even home visits if necessary.
Contact the ADRC to speak with our Dementia Care Specialists:
- Andrea Brace, at (715) 258-6400 - Waupaca County
- Traci Edmondson, at (920) 832-5178 - Outagamie and Calumet Counties
To Learn More about Dementia Resources in your community visit the Regional Aging and Disability Resource Center website for Calumet, Outagamie, and Waupaca Counties.