Waupaca County Highway Department
Work Zone Safety Awareness
- Drive safely, avoid distractions and obey posted speed limits. Be courteous and patient. Set a good example for others on the road.
- Leave the phone alone. Texting and driving is illegal statewide and talking on a hand-held mobile device is illegal in work zones.
- Slow down when you see workers and, if it’s possible, provide additional space by moving over. Wisconsin’s Move Over Law applies to maintenance operations as well as emergency response units.
- Show support for work zone safety with the social media hashtags #DriveLikeYouWorkHere, #NWZAW, #WorkZoneSafety, or #OrangeForSafety (but please never text or tweet while driving).
- Participate in “Go Orange Day” by wearing orange in support of safety. (#OrangeForSafety)
SEASONAL WEIGHT LIMITS
GO INTO EFFECT -
MONDAY, MARCH 8TH @ 12:01 A.M.
SEE THE LINK TO THE LEFT (WEIGHT RESTRICTION APP - click down arrow) FOR AN APPLICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION.
AND/OR EMAIL: SUSAN.POPHAM@CO.WAUPACA.WI.US
Welcome to the Waupaca County Highway Department website. We’re hoping to have this site be a resource of information to everyone. Please use this website resource as a tool to help inform yourself of department bid information, contact information or any other highway related topic.
Please be mindful of our workers while traveling through our construction sites
and other areas you see them working.
Let’s have a safe 2021!
Above is a picture of CTH N being paved.
The Highway Department is responsible for many functions in the county including, but not limited to:
- The planning, designing, constructing, and maintaining of the county highway system.
- The maintaining of all state highways that travel through Waupaca County.
- The maintaining of many town road systems that hold maintenance agreements with us.
Click here to see our Mission Statement
As a proactive and responsible measure to COVID-19, the Highway Dept. is encouraging the community to practice the social distancing guidelines as recommended by the Waupaca County Health Dept., Waupaca County Emergency Management Dept., Wisc. Dept. of Health Services and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We urge citizens to postpone in-person visits to the Highway Dept. until further notice. For any business with the county, please phone ahead as many inquiries can be resolved via phone and e-mail. Additionally, you may experience some delays in communication from our office as we work to ensure and adapt staffing to meet the functional needs of our office. We appreciate your patience and support during this time. This situation is dynamic and rapidly evolving. For the most up to date and reliable information regarding COVID-19 in Waupaca County, please visit:
The Waupaca County Highway Department reminds residents that it is illegal to place private signs such as rummage sale signs, advertising signs “for sale” signs or Realtor signs in the county right-of-way. Signs placed in the right-of-way will be removed by the Highway Department.
2670 County Road A
Waupaca WI 54981
Waupaca Office Hours
Currently working eight hour days - 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday
- March 30th thru middle of November: 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday thru Thursday
- November thru April: 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday
TRAFFIC REPORTS FOR ALL WISCONSIN STATE ROADS:
Call: 1-866-511-9472 or 511 from your cellphone
Current Highway Committee members
L to R Highway Commissioner, Casey Beyersdorf,
Supervisors Dick Rohan, Jim Nygaard, Fred Zaug,
Lee Much and Chairman Joe McClone
2-16-21 County Board Highway Dept. Powerpoint Presentation
start at approx. 37:00 minutes