Welcome to the Waupaca County Highway Department website. We’re hoping to have this site be a resource of information to everyone. Please use this website resource as a tool to help inform yourself of department bid information, contact information or any other highway related topic.
Please be mindful of our workers while traveling through our construction sites,
while snowplowing and other areas you see them working.
Let’s have a safe 2023!
Bridge replacement project that included sanitary sewer relocation for the V. of Scandinavia on CTH B
The Highway Department is responsible for many functions in the county including, but not limited to:
- The planning, designing, constructing, and maintaining of the county highway system.
- The maintaining of all state highways that travel through Waupaca County.
- The maintaining of many town road systems that hold maintenance agreements with us.
Click here to see our Mission Statement
The Waupaca County Highway Department reminds residents that it is illegal to place private signs such as rummage sale signs, advertising signs “for sale” signs or Realtor signs in the county right-of-way. Signs placed in the right-of-way will be removed by the Highway Department.
Drivers have two options for creating a safety zone:
- If the road has more than one directional lane, like the Interstate, and you can switch lanes safely, you must move over to vacate the lane closest to the law enforcement or other vehicle with its lights flashing.
- If the road has a single directional lane or you can't safely move over, you must reduce your speed.