The Waupaca County Dog Park is located at 601 Lakeside Parkway in Waupaca and offers a safe, secure area for owners to take their normally leashed or house-bound dogs to get exercise running and playing with other dogs. Dogs are allowed to run and play off leash and socialize with other dogs in a large 2-acre fenced-in area. The fenced area has a double-gated entrance to avoid dogs getting out accidentally.
DOG PARK RULES:
1. Dogs and puppies must be properly inoculated, be healthy (have no contagious conditions or diseases), and be parasite-free (both internally and externally).
2. NO dogs known to be aggressive towards other dogs or people (or exhibiting any threatening behavior) may enter the park. Dogs and owners creating a problem must leave when requested.
3. Owners must clean up after their dogs.
4. No female dogs in heat may enter the park at any time.
5. Owners must closely supervise their dogs, and at no time shall an owner leave the park without their dog(s).
6. Parents are strongly discouraged from bringing children under 12 years of age into the park. Children shall, at no time, be allowed to run with or chase after dogs in the park.
7. Owners must clean up after their dogs.
8. Do not bring toys, rawhide chews, dog treats, or food of any kind into the dog park, as dog fights may result.
9. For safety purposes, remove choke, pinch (prong) and spike collars from you dog prior to entering the park. A basic flat buckle collar (with city/county license, Rabies and identification tags) is required.
10. No glass, littering or motorized equipment/toys will be allowed in the park.
11. Owners must clean up after their dogs.
12. 'Off leash' does NOT mean 'out of control.' Dog owners are responsible and liable for the actions and behavior of their dogs at all times.
13. Dogs must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
14. Owners must have a leash for each dog. Dogs must be on leash until inside the exercise area.
15. No more than two dogs per person.
16. Owners must clean up after their dogs. Park will be closed if owners fail to clean up after their dogs.
Dogs known to be aggressive toward other dogs or people are not allowed in the park. Dogs and owners creating a problem must leave when requested. Owners are responsible and liable for the actions and behavior of their dogs at ALL times.