The Waupaca County Planning & Zoning Office
- Issues Land Use Permits for all structures that will be on your property for more than 30 calendar days in a year (Dupont, Fremont and Harrison issue their own Land Use Permits for properties not in shoreland areas.)
- Issues Shoreland Permits for all structures within the Shoreland in all Townships, including Dupont, Fremont and Harrison) NOTE: ADOBE - If your applications aren't printing right, you might need to update your adobe
- Reviews all land divisions to make sure they are compliant with the Waupaca County Subdivision Ordinance
- Issues all sanitary permits
- Undertakes Planning activities in five categories: transportation, land use, natural resources, local assistance and economic development
*Updated 11/12/2021 - The November 16, 2021 hearing for the Planning & Zoning Committee to consider the Replat of the Gooseneck McLean Subdivision plat has been rescheduled for December 7 at 10:30. See calendar for details.
SKIP THE TRIP
Please call or email our office to see if you can do business remotely, phone numbers and email addresses are on the right. Some of our staff will be periodically working from home, so please leave a message and they will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks to your patience and support, the Planning & Zoning Office has maintained operations throughout the ongoing 2020 COVID-19 pandemic. As we begin to experience more in-person traffic at the courthouse, we continue to seek your support and cooperation. The health and safety of our community is a top priority. We all share responsibility for sustaining/improving the health of our community by adhering to the guidance of the Public Health authorities. With that in mind, phone and e-mail is an appropriate method of handling many forms of county business. Consider contacting the county before you visit in-person to see if you can skip the trip to the courthouse. Together we can continue to provide the services you depend upon while moving forward in a safe and resilient way.
For the most up-to-date and reliable information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and the local public health response, click here LINK.
Notice: Waupaca County shall maintain a list of persons who submit a written or electronic request to receive notice of any proposed ordinance or amendment that affects the allowable use of the property owner by that person. This list shall be updated at least annually.
For those with proposed solar farms or those interested in planning ahead, Minnesota has technical guidance for establishing pollinator habitat (prairie) in solar farms. Their guidance includes information about seed mixes and densities, options for where to plant pollinator habitat within solar farms, and their state certification process.
It's available at http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/publications/ewr/prairie_solar_tech_guidance.pdf