The Waupaca County Planning & Zoning Office
- Issues Land Use Permits for all structures that will be on your property for more than 30 calendar days in a year (Dupont, Fremont and Harrison issue their own Land Use Permits for properties not in shoreland areas.)
- Issues Shoreland Permits for all structures within the Shoreland in all Townships, including Dupont, Fremont and Harrison) NOTE: ADOBE - If your applications aren't printing right, you might need to update your adobe
- Reviews all land divisions to make sure they are compliant with the Waupaca County Subdivision Ordinance
- Issues all sanitary permits
- Undertakes Planning activities in five categories: transportation, land use, natural resources, local assistance and economic development
Notice: Waupaca County shall maintain a list of persons who submit a written or electronic request to receive notice of any proposed ordinance or amendment that affects the allowable use of the property owner by that person. This list shall be updated at least annually.
For those with proposed solar farms or those interested in planning ahead, Minnesota has technical guidance for establishing pollinator habitat (prairie) in solar farms. Their guidance includes information about seed mixes and densities, options for where to plant pollinator habitat within solar farms, and their state certification process.
It's available at http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/publications/ewr/prairie_solar_tech_guidance.pdf