Partnership Community Health Center
Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs - Aid to Needy Veteran Dental Grant
- Have a schedular VA permanent and total service-connected disability rating of 100%, meaning your disabilities (individual or combined) achieve a schedular rating of 100% (permanent and total in nature);
- Have a service-connected disability rating of 100% Total Disability Based on Individual Unemployability (TDIU), meaning your disabilities don’t add up to 100% but the VA pays you at 100% because your service-connected disabilities render you unable to maintain substantially gainful employemnt;
- Are a former Prisoner of War;
- Have a compensable (10% or greater) service-connected dental disability;
- Have a non-compensable dental condition or disability resulting from combat wounds or service trauma;
- Are actively engaged in the vocational rehabilitation program;
- Have a dental condition determined by a VA clinical professional to be aggravating or complicating the management of a service-connected medical condition.
For veterans who do not meet the requirements above the VA has a dental insurance program. You must be enrolled in the VA healthcare program. The VA dental insurance program is also available to the surviving spouse and children of veterans as long as they are enrolled in the CHAMPVA program.
The VA Dental Insurance Program (VADIP) offers discounted private dental insurance for Veterans and family members who meet certain requirements. Find out if you're eligible, and how to enroll in a plan that meets your needs and budget.
Plans are available from Delta Dental and MetLife. Veterans are urged to review both plans and select the one that best fits their needs. The program has been approved by congress through December 31, 2021.
The Wisconsin Dental Association Foundation provides dental services to permanently disabled adults, adults with chronic illness, aged 65+, or lack income to pay for dental care. Click here to download and print a DDS application form. After completing the form it must be mailed to the address on the form. Each application will be reviewed to determine level of care and eligibility.
Objective Veterans' Smile
OBJECTIVE: Veterans’ Smile is a 501(c)(3) that plugs this dental “access gap” for our Veterans once they transition out of active duty. We research and identify worthy dental programs and disseminate grants to enable impactful organizations to provide dental care to qualifying Veterans.